What Are Some Good Restaurants in Los Cabos?
By: Jayme Portilla
Ask a Cabo Expert
My finance and I are going to be spending our honeymoon in Los Cabos and wanted to know some restaurants that you recommend.
We would like to go to a nice restaurant one or two nights, but also want to eat whatever is local and authentic.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- Sarah Jones
All About Cabo Answer
Hi Sarah –
You are in luck. Los Cabos has so many great restaurants at all price levels that you will never have time to eat at all of them. Below are some of my personal favorites at different prices ranges.
High End Restaurants
- Nick San – Nick San has been around for almost 20 years and is one of the most well-known and liked restaurants in Los Cabos. This sushi restaurant uses creative and innovative Japanese cuisine with traditional Mexican ingredients. There are two locations: San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Cabo San Lucas: Blvd. Marina lote 10 local 2 plaza de la Dana (next to Costa Real Hotel) (624)14 324 91. San Jose del Cabo: Las Tiendas de Palmilla Local 116 (624) 14 462 62
- Deckman´s at Havana - Chef Drew Deckman has cooked around the world and earned a coveted Michelin star when working forRestaurant Vitus in Germany. He is full of experience and knowledge that he puts to use at Deckmans. The menu is always changing and features local, organic, and fresh ingredients. Km 29 Transpeninsular Highway, COSTA AZUL 23400 San Jose del Cabo (624) 172 6269.
- Edith´s - Centrally located right next to the famous Medano Beach, with a view of the San Lucas arch this colorful restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating. The menu features typical Baja California cuisine and uses only the most freshest of ingredients. The freshly caught seafood is always a favorite. Make sure to make a reservation in advance as it books up very fast! Camino a Playa Medano s/n, Cabo San Lucas (624)143-0801.
Average Cost Restaurants
- Flora Farms – The second you arrive to Flora Farms, you know you are in for a special treat. This 10 acre organic farm is self-sustaining and makes, grows, or raises everything that is served on the menu. Besides the great food, there is live music at night, a grocery store, an art gallery, cottages, and even more. This is a place that everyone needs to visit! If you are coming for dinner, make sure to make a reservation. Near Puerto Los Cabos in San Jose del Cabo. Call for directions (624) 355 4564
- Los Tres Gallos – This traditional Mexican restaurant not only serves great food, but has a great atmosphere too with a romantic courtyard dining area shaded by mango and apple trees. If you like mole, this is the place to come! 20 de Noviembre, Centro, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur 624 130 7709
Low Cost & Budget Restaurants
- Taqueria Rossy – This restaurant has been around for a long time and with good reason. The tacos are made from fish that are freshly caught that same morning. I highly recommend the fish, scallop, and shrimp tacos! Carr. Transpeninsular Km. 29.5 San Jose del Cabo, Mexico 642 142 6755
- Taqueria El Paisa – This taqueria features great meat tacos such as tacos al pastor, quesadillas, and loaded baked potatoes. This is more of a local spot, but great for those who want authentic tacos. There are two locations: San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Revolución between Morelos & Lazaro Vicario, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico +52 624 143-1468
Jayme moved to Los Cabos to be with her husband last year. He grew up in Los Cabos and and they chose to start their life together there. Jayme loves living there and being able to meet all of the locals and tourists from all around the world.
If you have any questions, you can email Jayme directly.