Horseback Riding in Cabo San Lucas
Horseback riding is a great way to explore Los Cabos. The beautiful combination of desert, mountains and ocean creates a fantastic landscape that is easily explored by horseback.
In Los Cabos there are a variety of levels of horseback riding - everyone from beginners to professional riders can enjoy the sites and scenery.
A traditional ranch only 8 miles from Cabo San Lucas, Rancho Carisuva is the perfect spot to ride along the beach as the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean.
Rancho Carisuva offers you the chance to discover spectacular ocean side cliffs, lush desert ranges, private untouched beaches and canyon trails. Your guide will teach you about the local flora and fauna and you'll get a chance to see stunning lookout points.
Where To Go Horseback Riding in Los Cabos
Beach Horseback Riding - Imagine the sunset as you ride along the Cabo San Lucas sand on your horse.
- Playa El Medano - Medano Beach is a popular place to ride horses in Cabo because you can rent a horse right from the beach in front of your hotel. With the convenience of being located in town, you can enjoy the beaches and the horses.
- The Pacific Beaches - Horseback riding along the secluded, natural beaches of Cabo's Pacific side can be a great way to explore Baja.
Desert Trail Horseback Riding - The Cabo San Lucas area offers desert/mountain terrain with views of the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez. Explore the hills above the Cabo Real golf course or find your own desert trail in the wilderness of the Baja Peninsula.
Stables in Cabo San Lucas
The following Cabo stables have well-fed, well-trained horses and English-speaking staff.
Cuadra San Francisco Equestrian Center
Red Rose (La Rosa) Riding Stables
Cabo Horseback Riding Tours
Most Cabo horseback riding tours are one hour ($30 -$35) or two hours ($60 - $65). The two hour tours are more popular.
Trail tours are usually limited in number and there is one english-speaking guide per about 7 people. You should reserve your tour ahead of time to guarantee available space.
What to Wear Horseback Riding in Cabo
Although it sounds hot, you should wear long pants when you are
horseback riding in Cabo. Pants will keep your legs from rubbing against
the horse’s body and the stirrups which can be really uncomfortable.
You also want to wear sturdy riding shoes. Tennis shoes or any other type of closed toed shoe that won’t fall off along the ride are good.
Tips for Horseback Riding in Cabo San Lucas
- Bring Sunscreen as the Cabo sun can be very strong while you are out horseback riding.
- Elderly people, pregnant women or people with back injuries or chronic back pain should take extreme caution. Most tour companies suggest that they do not participate in horseback riding.
- Keep in mind that most horseback tours go in groups of about 20 people and it is difficult to make sure all different skill groups stay together. Make a pact with your own group based on their skill levels.